Your guide on how to apply NAME IT iron on labels.
1. Heat your iron to the cotton setting. No steam. Wait for the iron to fully heat.
2. Iron the area where the label will go, to heat it up.
3 Place your label onto your garment. Iron on top firmly and just for a second to keep it in place and straight. If it "bubbles" a tiny bit, don't worry. That's good. You've activated the glue and now need to just iron out the top. Don't lower your heat. Simply iron over the top, for several more seconds and push the bubbles out, back and forth. Alternatively, at the beginning, you can COVER YOUR LABEL WITH BAKING PAPER and pressing firmly, iron for a longer time, around 7 - 10 seconds. Baking paper usually means less bubbles, but you must keep your heat up. It needs the heat to activate the glue.
Baking paper helps if your iron is NON TEFLON. You can also use baking paper, to protect a fabric from your iron, eg wool, or polyester, but give it good heat and pressure over the top of the baking paper.
- The 7 - 10 seconds of heat will be enough to melt the glue and activate it. Some materials will need only 5 and some will need more. Every iron is slightly different with its heat. But - enough heat and pressure is all that is needed.
- Always leave your label to cool down and set before washing.
- The glue in our labels will continue to set hard over the next 24 hours. But you can try to lift a corner, to make sure it is well sealed. If not, increase your heat and iron over the top again.
- Do not wash your garment for the next 24 hours.
For fabrics that are made of wool or anything delicate - use baking paper. Place the label on the garment. Cover the area of the label and also where your iron will go, with baking paper. Heat your iron and press hard.
Your NAME IT LABELS are UNIQUE.
You can iron right on top of the NAME IT iron on label at any time ONCE APPLIED, as they are made from a soft blend of cotton/polyester. (Other iron on labels on the market have a plastic surface and you can never iron straight onto them). This makes NAME IT unique and easier to handle when ironing an item, after washing and drying.
Our NAME IT Iron on labels are made for clothes. All clothes! Most fabrics - and socks. The only fabric our iron on labels will not stick to is nylon. But materials that are a blend of nylon and polyester are alright.
For socks you could use the shorter length iron on or cut your standard one down. You can ask us to split a standard pack of iron on eg for a 100 pack, ask us to print 80 standard length and 20 short length. Write this in the comment section of your order.
We have fabulous feedback on this product. Thank you to those who take the time to write.